Coins from the fountain, revisited ((Preservation from Umbral GuildPortal))

((For all those RPs and stories that need a home... NOTE: This is an IC forum. VISIBILITY: Public))
Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Coins from the fountain, revisited ((Preservation from Umbral GuildPortal))

Post by Vivimord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:30 am

((Originally posted by Bregdark.))

To the casual eye, Dalaran looked just as bustling as ever: Enchanted brooms whisking themselves around, merchants haggling, Kirin Tor mages of all races discussing their research at the street corners. But Bregdark noted how empty the inns were, and how few adventurers browsed inside the shops.

"It truly has not been that long since we boarded the gunship for the last time," Bregdark thought. "But how much has changed in just a few months."

He shivered as he thought of Icecrown. They had steeled themselves to face the Lich King after braving the horrors of the likes of Professor Putricide ("a quite reasonable fellow," Bregdark mused, "and a decent researcher, it must be admitted, although lacking discipline") but when they ascended the final wing, they had found only a tomb of ice. They had been too late.

Now there were new threats, away from Northrend. Bregdark rarely found himself in Dalaran any more. "I suppose these fools should move their city back home now, yes," Bregdark said aloud, to no one in particular. A gnomish wizard doffed his hat to Bregdark while scurrying into the toy emporium. Bregdark scowled and bared his teeth.

His lower jaw nearly fell off.

Bregdark tried to reattach it without success. It was held on by only a bit of sinew. Bregdark cursed for a few minutes. This had happened before, but his latest jaw was one he had been proud of, and had lasted a long time: At least a year. "Time for a new one, I suppose," he admitted finally. "Again."

Later, turning the corner after conducting his business, Bregdark passed the fountain. A sense of peace seemed to emanate from the nearby park. Bregdark took a moment to reflect.

"I wonder why I didn't do this before," he thought. He patted his pockets. He didn't seem to have any coins on him. He didn't feel like rubbing shoulders with the Draenei at the nearby bank. Taking out the closest thing to a coin he could find, Bregdark wrote down a few words and tossed it in.

BREGDARK'S COIN-SHAPED BIJOU: "I'm done with plagues. Shadow grant me the power to turn into a dragon!"
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Coins from the fountain, revisited ((Preservation from Umbral GuildPortal))

Post by Vivimord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

((Originally posted by Panamone.))

"Maybe not all of the Druids of the Flame were wrong."

*toss*
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

((Originally posted by Bregdark.))

Raels' dirty half-copper ingot: "I'm not dead! Oh, wait, yes, I am."
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:32 am

((Originally posted by Vivimord.))

"May Lordaeron return to its former glory; may elves who seek to take human thrones stay where they belong - in the ground."

*plunk*
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:32 am

((Originally posted by Triniel.))

Sidore hmmms as she digs through her bags for something coin-like.

"Don't know why I didn't think of this before," she comments to no one in particular.

After a few moments she produces a Coin of Ancestry. She nods to herself, removing her gyromatic micro-adjuster from her belt to scrape the inscription off of the coin. With the same tool, she simply inscribes:

I wish this fountain contained dark lager instead of water.

"That'll do, Sid. That'll do," she remarks in her usual emotionless tone, flipping the coin into the water with a satisfying splash.
0 x

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 pm

((bump on this one! Let's see some more coins!))
0 x