Character Introductions

((For all those RPs and stories that need a home... NOTE: This is an IC forum. VISIBILITY: Public))
Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Character Introductions

Post by Vivimord » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 am

((Aw, I want both!))
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:31 am

((I promise, Rib. ;-) ))
0 x

Lajjun
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Lajjun » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Bladebreaker wrote:Here Rib, I'll do it for you:

Character name and titles: Sir Alfred Pimpleduff Ribdangle Cracklehump, AKA "Ribcrack"

Noteworthy character traits: A tall and haunting figure, Ribcrack is best identified by the assorted sandwiches that he keeps strapped to various parts of his body. Most of these sandwiches are fairly fresh but he hasn't been able to reach the one behind his left knee for some time, and so it's starting to look a bit off. He speaks only in rhymes, and frankly not particularly good ones.

Widely known background information: Ribcrack is a well known balloon sculptor and taxidermist. His seminal work, "Badger Riding a Balloon Unicorn", is widely regarded as the most important piece of balloon-based taxidermy in the Eastern Kingdoms. He is terrified of cheese.

Link to Umbral Origin post if present: Taxidermy Prospectus

I die. I am slain. Thank you BB. Haven't laughed so hard in... forever.
0 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:51 pm

((I discovered today that Rib kinda a little bit took my post as poking fun at his previous post, the one that was vaporized by the forum rollback. I want to publicly state with no equivocation whatsoever that I lurved Ribcrack's post and I very much want him to recreate some version of it. My post was pure silliness only and meant with admiration and affection.

Since Lajjun has captured my fake Rib biography in quotation, I'm going to delete the original and replace it with a bio for Ardeshir.))
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Bladebreaker wrote:I'm going to delete the original and replace it with a bio for Ardeshir.
((That's even better! Hahaha.

I never knew the truth.))
0 x

Ribcrack
General
General

Post by Ribcrack » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:03 pm

((reposted. Changed slightly as I forgot some stuff))

Character Name and Titles: Battlelord Ribcrack. No other alias known.

Noteworthy character traits: Ribcrack is armored head to heel in black and grey plate, and no-one, with the possible exception of Sylvanas herself, has ever seen his face. He speaks haltingly and slowly in a deep, gravelly voice.

Widely known background information: After the demise of the lich king, Northrend, while not actively malevolent, was still a wild and dangerous place - filled with mindless undead, beasts, and hostile local tribes. The forces of the Horde and Alliance, however, were refocused away from their deployments in Northrend to deal with the fallout of the Cataclysm, and later, the invasion of Pandaria. It fell increasingly on the forces of the Argent Crusade and the Ebon Blade to hold and pacify Northrend, and they became increasingly unable to do so. Raids from hungry undead and hostile natives escalated.

It was during one such raid, an assault by a swarm of mindless ghouls on a Crusade supply line, that a figure in black armour and wielding twin blades appeared. The figure cut down a dozen ghouls or more with swirling steel, and left during the aftermath, without a word.

Sightings of the figure continued to crop up in Icecrown and Dragonblight, always helping the Crusade or the remaining Horde or Alliance forces against mindless undead. When friendly forces got close enough to hail the figure, it communicated only with hand signals and one word which appeared to be its name: Ribcrack.

After a particularly nasty engagement with a mixed force of ghouls, abominations, gargoyles and undead nerubians, Ribcrack was heavily wounded. It refused all treatment on the battlefield, and after some deliberation from the Argent Crusade, was taken to Dalaran for recovery. While the figure refused all medical treatment, preferring to remain encased in its armoured shell, a steady supply of fresh meat healed Ribcrack's wounds quickly enough. The worthies of Dalaran, figuring Ribcrack was some sort of reclaimed undead, sent for an envoy of Sylvanas. The forsaken communed briefly with RIbcrack, and announced they would go to Undercity to meet with Sylvanas herself.

Sylvanas, after a brief, private consultation with Ribcrack, declared that he (not it) would begin his new life as one of her subjects, a Forsaken. Over the next several months, Ribcrack learned to speak, though haltingly, and was eventually assigned to the Umbral Advent just after the invasion of Draenor. Since then, he has proven an able warrior with both twin blades or shield.
3 x

Lajjun
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Lajjun » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:52 am

Bladebreaker wrote:Here Rib, I'll do it for you:

EDIT: Replacing it with an Ardeshir bio.

Character name and titles: Fred Ardeshir, AKA "The Eternal FNG"

Noteworthy character traits: From a distance, he appears to be of fairly typical Sin'dorei stature and build, clothed in the dark armor associated with trying too hard. Closer examination reveals the disturbing fact that he is, in fact, sentient hair, wearing a Blood Elf mask and a suit of armor, propped up on a stick.

Widely known background information: Prior to the rise of the Lich King, Fred Ardeshir was a little known actuary and semi-professional costume designer. In the wake of the destruction caused by Arthas, he was raised in the service of the Lich King, but due to an administrative mix-up only his hair was revived. The responsible corpse-raising technicians quickly covered up their mistake by propping up the hair on a stick, clothing it in armor, and slapping a spare face on it. This was initially missed by their superiors, and by the time they discovered the error they thought it better to pass it off as normal to cover up their mistake. The hairdo-formerly-belonging-to-Fred-Ardeshir has been passed from group to group ever since, often simply propped in a corner while everyone else does all the work. It does seem to be sentient in a limited way, but mostly it just nonsensically mutters the words "battle" and "smite" from time to time.

Link to Umbral Origin post if present: Up or Down?
This needs to be saved for ETERNITY!

I seriously cracked up driving today just THINKING about this post. You, good Sir, have found your calling in life.
2 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:17 am

((I think BB needs to write parody bios for all of us.))
3 x

Ardeshir
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Ardeshir » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:01 am

Ardeshir's terrible shame has at last been revealed. Well played, you magnificent cow, well played.
1 x

Zugdaga
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Zugdaga » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:28 pm

(( Just starting to read this due to the bump...

-- "Served under General Rakor in several skirmishes, earning the rank of Sergeant." --

You just gave me the sads, Breggie :( I miss Rak ))
0 x
I have several patented maneuvers. I don't recommend any of them.