Migration Efforts

A place for learning how to use the PHPBB features of this forum, creating test posts, and so forth. VISIBILITY: Public
Conn
General
General

Re: Migration Efforts

Post by Conn » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:56 am

To be honest, I'd very much like not to have to learn any new coding. I've done Basic and Pascal, but I left the programming learning in highschool in order to go into network and server administration.

I do like playing around with HTML (and I'm slowly learning CSS) but I've never gotten a hang on message boards. I'll have to keep trying to mess with WordPress; I made a free one about half a year ago but never stuck to it.
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 am

Sorry for the double post, but this is relevant to the tables topic.

I'm working on my pet abilities thread and after playing with the table settings for a bit I'm curious if there would be a way to add in some extra options for the settings. Namely, instead of always being a blue table heading background with white text, and black text table data with a shadow quality all the time, if there were a way to add in color change settings, background color settings, etc.

Edit: For some reason, the bigger you make a table, the further down it begins in a post.

Edit 2: The only thing I can guess is it's something to do with the Bregdark table class in the table code. That's the only thing within the formatting that can't be controlled by the poster using the bbcode.
0 x

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:03 pm

The Styles in PHPBB are weird, and table support is a total hack. So it wouldn't be easy to make this flexible, unfortunately. Basically the easiest thing to do would be to have a small number of different table class styles defined, and then I could let you pick the style you want.

As for the starting further down thing: There seem to be some bugs with white space. If you remove the carriage returns before the /td and /tr and /table codes, that should help.
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Whew, that's kind of a nightmare. Stripping the carriage returns worked though!

Offhand, do you have a place where the "bregdark" table class is located? That's the only place I can imagine where the table's font, background colors, and shadow-text are coming from.
0 x

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Yes, I added those styles manually to the stylesheet. I can change them if you want, but they'll change for all tables.
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 pm

If it's possible, maybe take out the shadow text at least? It makes the td section a lot harder to read.
0 x

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Hmm, I still need to work on this. The shadow style is being inherited weirdly, not sure where it's coming from.
0 x

Conn
General
General

Post by Conn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:21 pm

It must be Legion!
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Conn wrote:It must be Legion!
There was a hole.
1 x

Lajjun
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Lajjun » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Bladebreaker wrote:
Conn wrote:It must be Legion!
There was a hole.
In the bottom of the sea?
0 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.