Politics forum?

A place for learning how to use the PHPBB features of this forum, creating test posts, and so forth. VISIBILITY: Public
Ont

Re: Politics forum?

Post#11 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:10 pm

I guess I've done a 180 on this. I often feel very out of place in political discussions because my views don't 100% line up wth others in this or other, largely coastal based, online communities (and I certainly am part of a demographic group that feels very differently than most of you do). I tend to feel like I should just keep my views to myself to avoid being judged so that makes me uncomfortable. The more I think about it, though, I realize I'm mildly uncomfortable. This election has left others I care about far more than uncomfortable. Sam, who i adore, feels threatened. Bregdark, who I adore, feels dismayed and worried for his kids. I'll handle some discomfort if having a decent space to discuss it is of any help to people like that.

What's more, I'll try to help explain some perspectives I have access to that you all don't, if anyone is interested in that. After all, there has to be some positive to be gleaned from living in a town that voted 70% for Trump, right? Blade did touch on my last reservation, though. If this is going to work and have value at all, it needs to be so that Kay's (her words not mine) extreme views and my own "would never in a million years vote for Trump but can explain why a lot of good people I know did and, surprise, it has very little to do with racism" are both treated with at least civility if not respect (I wouldn't ask you to respect what you may consider to be idiotic views, but have some respect for the people who have them).
3 x

Ottoparts

Post#12 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:36 am

Sometimes simply talking about the problem can ease whatever issue you aren't comfortable with and it helps. I think in general most people are very much in the same realm as far as viewpoints go here, which might be good or just lead to bashing one side without perspective. I firmly feel that whatever your viewpoint is currently it's more important to try and find the optimistic side for sanity's sake, the only way this or any other country works well is when people work together rather than cramming viewpoints down someone else's throat. I know for a fact I have some pro trump camp in my other raid, it's their right to have that opinion whether I agree with it or not. (deleting some things here)
0 x

Ont

Post#13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:47 am

2 x

Ont

Post#14 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 pm

I think we more or less came around to the view that this was not a bad idea. Anyone want to move forward with it?
0 x

Site Admin
admin

Post#15 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Oops, I will!
0 x

Return to “Forum Tech”