Long loadingscreens?

General discussion forum for both Umbral Advent members and non-members. VISIBILITY: Public
Lajjun

Long loadingscreens?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Since patch <whatever> my loading screens have been absolutely redundantly long. I've tried this and that fix, and nothing has helped... (dun dun dun) until yesterday! I randomly bumped into this piece of advice, and it actually helped me:

I've set view distance from 10 to 4 and it decreased loading times for me significantly (down from 4-5 minutes to couple of seconds).Other players reported that decrease from 10 to 7 worked for them too.
It seems like the game is pre-loading the entire zone every time we change location/use portal/HS if v.d. setting is set to max 10 distance, so it causes problems for players with MAX on and w/o SSD disc.

That helped me a lot. It decreased loading screen from ~~5min to 30 secs? Now I feel I can play :')

I didn't have the view distance set to 10 (but 8) but I figured it as still worth a shot, so I moved it down to 6 and my loading screens are 2-4 seconds now, down from... a LOT.

Take care, hug a chair!
Last edited by Lajjun on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.

Lajjun

Re: Long loadingscreens?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Managed to quote myself instead of edit my post. Glorious!
0 x
Please sign this petition for more Mimics in WoW.

Warlord
Bladebreaker

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Ooh! I will give this a try, the load screens have been absurd at times
0 x

Bregdark

Post#4 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 am

Thanks, Lajjun! I'll try this out.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”