I think Bregs needs to log in...

General discussion forum for both Umbral Advent members and non-members. VISIBILITY: Public
Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

I think Bregs needs to log in...

Post by Kunikiko » Fri May 11, 2018 11:29 am

It would be a terrible shame if something were to... happen.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051218_032547.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051218_032547.jpg (489.43 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Re: I think Bregs needs to log in...

Post by Bladebreaker » Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Hahah... whoops!

Has Breg been on?
0 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 pm

No, I actually talked with him about it a little while ago and he said he would post something here.
0 x

Bregdark
General
General

Post by Bregdark » Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am

Yeah, life is busy! I actually just renewed, and will log in this evening. That's to avert the immediate crisis.

But! Life is super busy for me and I don't expect to have time to play before September.

So... I have various thoughts about who should pass the leadership mantle on to for the time being. Does anyone have any input? Or want to claim the title via RP post?
0 x

Ribcrack
General
General

Post by Ribcrack » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm most comfortable with Blade taking it, but he's not likely to log in before September either :)

I'm distinctly burnt out right now - work is nuts at the moment and I'm not enjoying WoW much - so it's probably a bad idea for me too. In fact I think there are only 4 or 5 active guildies at the moment.
0 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm

If a change were absolutely necessary, Blade would be my vote too, but I'm not sure anything needs to change at the moment.

What could be done is a rearranging of guild ranks. Dethroning is only an option for guild ranks 1, 2 and 3. I think Inner Council is currently sitting in the rank 2 spot, rank 1 being the spot for old GMs (Raels, Okrth). If we could prune our guild ranks and set it up so that Inner Council sits at rank 4, this wouldn't be a problem.

You could even set it up so that Blade has a custom title at rank 3, so he can dethrone if it's ever necessary.
1 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Thu May 24, 2018 12:20 pm

I second Vivimord's suggestion of doing nothing significant.

Look, it would be one thing if someone had a hole burning in their backside to revamp everything, or the guild was somehow crippled and rendered nonfunctional for the people who are playing (if I'm wrong, by the way, and things are a horror show right now and everyone is huddled in a corner because the guild leader isn't logging on, set me straight).

The one downside is Breg being out the sub fee for a game he's not playing. If he manages game subs like I do, that's not bothering him, but I don't want to presume. How long did you renew for, Bregs?
0 x

Bregdark
General
General

Post by Bregdark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Six months :)

And I'm not fussed about that. I pay for a gym membership I don't use either... I figure it's there for an option.

I'm in heavy Burning Man prep mode currently but am getting an itch to play every now and then...
2 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 pm

I've enjoyed my time away, but I'm looking forward to the expansion. It'll be good to have everyone back. :0)
1 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 am

So I note that we still have the inactive guild leader message.

Not that I think it's a problem, it's just interesting to note that despite renewing, the message will persist until Bregs actually logs in. ;0)
0 x