Mage Tower

General discussion forum for both Umbral Advent members and non-members. VISIBILITY: Public
Cal
Centurion
Centurion

Mage Tower

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Motivated by Pan's completion of the mage tower challenge I decided to give it another try. It is good timing too, as this will be the last time Mage tower is up before 7.2.5 and Affliction is going through some "balancing" changes (yeah, I know its over powered)

I don't know how many have attempted this and gotten beat up by it, but I found it to be a lot easier this week and wanted to let others know in case nerfs are coming with next patch. Now could be a good time. I think the power increase came from concordance. Previously the challenge didn't feel like a dps check as much as being able to manage mechanics while maintaining a level of dps. I had the damage but couldn't keep up with mechanics and would end up forgetting something that would one shot me. I got it today after three attempts. The concordance difference and increased power was really felt. The fight was shorter and I didn't have to do the mechanics as long thus making it easier.

Good luck to those who are trying! Well played by those who are patient enough to get more gear and try later.

Calnagol, 900 ilvl, 61 attempts, and proud new owner of the most wicked scythe in the game.
3 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Mage Tower

Post by Bladebreaker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Grats Cal!
1 x

Bregdark
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Bregdark » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Congrats! Great job
1 x

Vivimord
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Vivimord » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Congratulations!

And thanks for the post. I spend a while trying it out last night because of this post and it definitely feels much more manageable (I hadn't touched it since the first time it was up).

I had to stop because I spent all of my nethershards. I was doing it in frost spec because that challenge seemed easier, and I got to the final phase a few times. Sadly I still need 10 more AP levels to get concordance in frost spec, so I'll give it a go next time and see if it's any easier.
1 x

Cal
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks guys.

Glad you tried it out Vivi. 10 more traits and concordance would make you quite a bit stronger.

Side note: my favorite color is earned with 10 RBGs. Shuk? SHUK!?!?!? Carry me!
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Yeah, I tried it again a few times as healer, and managed to make it past phase 1, which was at least an improvement. I could have pushed more but lacked the mental focus. Next time it's up I'll give it a serious push!
0 x

Ottoparts
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Ottoparts » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 pm

I haven't had any more time to try it, but really want to grind it out soon. Grats cal!
0 x