New Expansion: Battle for Azeroth(possible spoilers)

General discussion forum for both Umbral Advent members and non-members. VISIBILITY: Public
Ottoparts
Champion
Champion

Re: New Expansion: Battle for Azeroth(possible spoilers)

Post by Ottoparts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:19 am

Cleansing would be logical, but also it could be some scrub ally leaving his cooking fire going and falls asleep after too much grog burning the tree and then blaming the horde for it. Of course they might have to rebalance PVP and nerf pallies to compensate for that.
1 x

Bone Lotus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Bone Lotus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 am

Indeed, I am sad there was not a Banshee allied race. Been waiting for that for Kaylia since classic WoW. Maybe sometime in the future, they will remedy this.

As for where the Nelfs and Forsaken wind up, I get the impression that Blizzard desperately wants all Alliance in Stormwind and all Horde in Orgrimmar. It depresses me. Having racially specific (or at least culturally unique) capital areas has always been a commendable feature of the game. When they built up the awesomeness of the Echo Isles, I was thrilled to see trolls get their due area, even if it wasn't a proper capital. Sadly, the greatest number of people in one location is what Blizz desires, and on a meta level, I get it. I still think it's a poor decision, should that be the case. Fuck Orgrimmar.
0 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm

1 x

Ribcrack
General
General

Post by Ribcrack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Honestly that's good. With my two best legendaries being tier slots, it almost doesn't matter what a piece of gear is in a tier slot - it's not getting used, even if it's a 950 titanforge or something stupid. Can't break that 4-piece until you're ready to transition to either a 2 and 2 or a different 4 piece.
0 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Yup, I'm a big fan of this
0 x

Bladebreaker
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Bladebreaker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 am

Huh! Interesting. The one thing that worries about that slightly is that some tier bonuses were one mechanism of shaking up the game play a little bit, by altering some rotation priorities/CD usage over the course of an expansion. Sometimes. Of course some tier bonuses were just "you do more damage now" which was ultimately no different than just stats.

I think it would be cool if they explored putting more non-stat characteristics on armor pieces besides trinkets, like the Drape of Shame's bonus to crit. Even though that does result in a piece getting locked in sometimes, at least it's only a single piece instead of 4 pieces of gear being locked in.

And maybe some of this gets picked up by the legendary neck/armor slot buff thing that I still don't really understand.
0 x

Kunikiko
Champion
Champion

Post by Kunikiko » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I think that's their intention with the Azerite, those secondary characteristics will be unlocked through overall progression instead of sets of gear. That said, I'm hoping they do introduce more gear with on-equip effects.
0 x

Ottoparts
Champion
Champion

Post by Ottoparts » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 am

I love on equip effects, especially ones with interesting visuals or effects, what I hate about that is always the overpowered ones that make a singular class so desireable and the impending nerf fest. I've always like tier sets and the bonus, but not the rng style drops for getting the last one. That's always the balance of how hard it feels like you worked for a set of piece, and sometimes 55 rolls later you never get the piece and the expansion is over...that's a little too hard.
I agreed with bone on the cities, really a shame, I don't particularly like org, but didn't like undercity either, I wonder if the alliance will get a toy after they destroy our city?
0 x

Ont
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Ont » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:07 am

I feel like the play should've been to flood Undercity and the Forsaken could've built back atop it. I'd have loved to see something more along those lines.

Also, upright orcs. Yay!
1 x

Ribcrack
General
General

Post by Ribcrack » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 pm

is the prepatch thing live? How is it?
0 x